WASHINGTON, AA - Twenty American Muslims marked the completion of the first semester of a Turkish language course Friday. The Society of Turkish Americans (TURCA), a Los Angeles-based nongovernmental organization, held a ceremony to awa rd certificates to the trainees, aged between 14 and 81, who had completed the two-month-long first level of the program.TURCA offers Turkish language courses for American Muslims in the city.
Speaking at the ceremony, TURCA President Vakkas Dogantekin said the language course would be continued after the Islamic month of Ramadan, when Muslims fast during the daytime.
“All of our efforts to popularize Turkey [are] to attract tourists and investment. Teaching the language is one of the most important ways to do this,” he added.
The certificates were handed out by TURCA Director Ebru Awad.
Latest from Admin TOA
- Ancient Artifacts Belonging to Famous "Gypsy Girl" Mosaic to Be Returned to Turkey from Bowling Green State University
- Congressman Pascrell Complains About President Erdogan’s Guards at Turkish Festival!!!
- Ottoman Symphony ‘Sultan Composers’ Held in US Capital
- Chobani Exploring 'Significant' Expansion of Upstate NY Yogurt Plant
- Turkey’s First F-35A Lightning II Stealth Aircraft Makes Maiden Flight