Toscelik Profil Ve Sac Endustrisi AS won an auction to buy Zeljezara AD Niksic (ZEHK), paying 15.1 million euros ($20 million) for the unprofitable Montenegrin steel plant.
Toscelik, part of Tosyali Holding, bought the Niksic-based mill after four previous auctions failed, Montenegro’s Economy Minister Vladimir Kavaric said in a statement on the government’s website today. Zeljezara’s court-appointed receivership administration set the asking price at 15 million euros in the latest auction, half of what it asked in January.
The steelworks was put into bankruptcy a year ago when a workers union demanded overdue wages.(Bloomberg)
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- The American Turkish Society Announces its Sixth Class of "Young Society Leaders"
- FBI Gave $50,000 'Assistance' to Gülenist Who Confessed Role in Op to Overthrow Turkey's Gov't: Court Hearing
- Turkish TV Series Wins International Emmy Award for First Time
- The American Turkish Society’s 16th Annual New York Turkish Film Festival
- Growth in Turkey Hits 11.1 Percent