Toscelik Profil Ve Sac Endustrisi AS won an auction to buy Zeljezara AD Niksic (ZEHK), paying 15.1 million euros ($20 million) for the unprofitable Montenegrin steel plant.
Toscelik, part of Tosyali Holding, bought the Niksic-based mill after four previous auctions failed, Montenegro’s Economy Minister Vladimir Kavaric said in a statement on the government’s website today. Zeljezara’s court-appointed receivership administration set the asking price at 15 million euros in the latest auction, half of what it asked in January.
The steelworks was put into bankruptcy a year ago when a workers union demanded overdue wages.(Bloomberg)
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Supporters of Turkey's Syria op Rally Outside White House
- US Withdraws Forces from Observation Post in Syria – Peace Spring
- Intercontinental New York Times Square Names Gul Turkmenoglu New General Manager
- General Harrigan: "Turkey Remains An Incredibly Important Partner to the Alliance"
- TOA Awards Applications Start