(MENAFN - The Journal Of Turkish Weekly) A U.S. court has ruled to start the trial of Reza Zarrab, an Iranian-born Turkish businessman who was arrested in Miami in March for attempting to evade U.S. sanctions on Tehran, on Jan. 23 next year. The decision on June 20 came after U.S. District Judge Richard Berman in Manhattan denied bail on June 16 to Zarrab, who had applied to live in a lavish Manhattan apartment on a 50 million bond with private armed guards before going on trial.
The 10-minute hearing on June 20 was set to take place on June 16 but it was postponed after Judge Berman accepted U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara
Latest from Admin TOA
- Turkey Firms Ready $64 Billion Spending Spree to Leave Home
- The Top 10 biggest Real Estate Projects Coming to NYC
- Chobani Refocuses Marketing and Sales Around Demand Creation
- Symantec Sells SSL Business to DigiCert for $950M in Cash and 30% Shares
- Teachers Retirement System Of The State Of Kentucky Has Boosted Its Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM) Holding by $1.19 Million as Stock Rose