Some 165 local businesses invested $5.3 billion in the Netherlands between 2000 and 2010, making the country the top destination for the Turkish investments abroad. Turkish businessmen have invested the highest amount of money in the Netherlands during the first 10 years of the new millennium, according to a report derived from official data by the Confederation of Businessmen and Industrialists of Turkey (TUSKON).
Investments in the Netherlands totaled about 20 percent of the more than $25 billion Turkish investments made abroad.
The Netherlands has been famous for its openness to foreign investments and standing as one of only four eurozone countries to still retain its AAA status among the three main credit rating agencies. Yet the country may not keep its position as the top foreign nation for Turkish investments much longer, considering the recent resignation of the Dutch government on April 22 due to disputes over austerity measures with its far-right parliamentary partnership.
President Abdullah G
Latest from Admin TOA
- TURYAK Awards Three Turkish-American Activists
- U.S. Imposes Sanctions on Turkish Company for Trade With North Korea
- Vamik Volkan Says Psychological Borders Become Physical Ones
- Atlantic Beach Man Guilty of Grand Theft Involving Three Women, Losses top $100,000
- TCA President Meets with Members of Congress