(AP) ISTANBUL - Turkey's state-run agency says the body of a New York City woman killed while on a solo vacation in Turkey is being returned home. The Anadolu Agency says a casket carrying the remains of Sarai Sierra was loaded onto a New York-bound plane on Thursday. The agency said Turkish Airlines is transporting the body for free.
The 33-year-old mother of two was found dead 12 days after she went missing in Istanbul. Police said she was killed by a blow to the head and are still trying to find her attacker or attackers.
Her family said Sierra was on her first trip abroad pursuing a newfound hobby of photography.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Supporters of Turkey's Syria op Rally Outside White House
- US Withdraws Forces from Observation Post in Syria – Peace Spring
- Intercontinental New York Times Square Names Gul Turkmenoglu New General Manager
- General Harrigan: "Turkey Remains An Incredibly Important Partner to the Alliance"
- TOA Awards Applications Start