Log in

Turkish Businessman Runs for Ukranian Parliament

Turkish businessman Ali Kılınç is running for a seat at Ukrainian parliament. Long time resident of Ukraine, Turkish businessman Ali Kılınç decided to run for a seat at the parliament in the upcoming elections. Ali Kılınç has become a Ukrainian citizen and is now an MP candidate on the list of Ridna Vitçizna party, which means "motherland." Elections will be held on October 28. Although the chances for his party to pass the election treshold are very low Kılınç wants to stay in politics to serve Turks living in Ukraine.

Turkish Businessman Runs for Ukranian Parliament

Turkish businessman Ali Kılınç is running for a seat at Ukrainian parliament. Long time resident of Ukraine, Turkish businessman Ali Kılınç decided to run for a seat at the parliament in the upcoming elections. Ali Kılınç has become a Ukrainian citizen and is now an MP candidate on the list of Ridna Vitçizna party, which means "motherland."
 

Turkish Company Develops Large Energy Project in Turkmenistan

Image President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdymuhamedov and Chairman of the Board of directors of the Çalık Holding Ahmet Calik discussed the development priorities of the energy sector during the meeting, the Turkmen government said on Wednesday. Turkish businessman announced proposals to ensure a stable and reliable power supply of the Turkmen capital and modernization of power system as a whole.

Turkish company "Nergis" Intends to invest 500 million dollars into the Textile Industry of Dagestan

 Makhachkala, June 7, 2012. At Thursday, June 7, the Head of the Republic of Dagestan Magomedsalam Magomedov met with the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the holding "Nergis" Cavit Çağlar. Turkish side was represented by the manager general of the company "Nergis" Mustafa Çağlar, the project manager of the company Mutahhari Kotevoglu, the director general of the company “Business Solutions and Development Company Limited” Ismail Tayfun Ozdemir and others.

Turkish Businessman Files Torture Case Against Uzbekistan

CA-NEWS (UZ) - A Turkish businessman has begun legal action against the authorities in Uzbekistan, who he says tortured him and stole his assets in the country. In an interview for NBCentralAsia, Vahit Güneş, said, "The international community must learn of the brutalities that take place in places of detention in Uzbekistan. Güneş, 46, was head of the Turkuaz shopping centre in the Uzbek capital Tashkent for seven years when he was detained in 2011 and held for nine-and-a-half months by the National Security Service
Tagged under

Asil Nadir, Cypriot Tycoon Found Guilty

Image Asil Nadir, the Turkish Cypriot businessman who fled from Britain to Cyprus, returning two years ago, has been found guilty of three counts of theft following a six-month trial. A jury at the Old Bailey cleared Nadir, after initial confusion, of one other count but is still considering a further nine counts after being given a majority direction. The verdicts draw to a close a high-profile prosecution brought by the Serious Fraud Office which had alleged that Nadir (71) had “abused” his power as chairman and chief executive of Polly Peck, a company he had helped to build into an international business.

ATAA Condemns the Cowardly Terrorist Attacks Against Turkish Nation

The Assembly of Turkish American Associations (ATAA) strongly condemns the continued terrorist attacks by the Marxist-Leninist terrorist organization PKK against Turkish nation. In latest PKK terror attacks, including two car bombings targeting police stations in Elazig and Van, and another remotely-detonated car bomb aimed at a military vehicle carrying soldiers in Bitlis, at least 14 people were killed and more than 280 wounded.  PKK has been waging war against Turkish nation for the last 30 years, which has claimed more than 40 thousand lives so far. The deadly wave of attacks targets not only Turkey's security forces but also civilians constituting the ultimate crime against humanity.

THO Special Brief: Attempted Military Coup in Turkey

Image How did it begin? On July 15th, at about 10:00 pm, the coup attempt began with shots inside the General Staff complex in Ankara. Shortly after, the Presidential Complex in Ankara came under fire by tanks and helicopters. Meanwhile, it was reported that military forces had closed Istanbul's Bosphorus and Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridges, and the Ataturk Airport was shut-down. Factions of the Turkish military took control of the state broadcasting agency TRT to officially announce the coup. Prime Minister Binali Yildirim informed the nation that a coup attempt was underway. Addressing the nation via mobile telephone, President Erdogan confirmed the coup and urged people to resist and defend Turkey’s democracy by getting out to streets.
 

Prime Minister Yildirim: "Our Nation Has Prevented The Suspension of Democracy And National Will?

Image Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım, after the coup attempt of the separatist terrorist organization of Fetullah Gülen (FETÖ) held a press conference with Chief of General Staff General Hulusi Akar, Interior Minister Efkan Ala, Minister of Defence Fikri Işık and Minister of Justice Bekir Bozdağ and answered the questions of the press. Yıldırım stated that the 15th of July is a “Black spot in Turkish democracy”, "The name of the noble nation, who was on democracy guard last night during the coup attempt against parallel terrorist gang but returned to normal life in the morning, is the Turkish nation. I applaud all the members of my nation, all my citizens who stood against this parallel terrorist gang and took to the squares with their flags." he continued.
Subscribe to this RSS feed