By Ali Cinar - Police Commissioner James P. O’Neill, First Deputy Commissioner Benjamin Tucker and Chief of Department Terrence Monahan’s Holiday Party and many NYPD Officers enjoyed the Holiday Party that was held on Russo's on the Bay. NYPD Middle East & Turkic Society Members were also present at the Holiday Party. The members were great to see so many colleagues come together to support the great leadership that they have at the NYPD.
Successful Year for NYPD
New York City achieves record breaking low crime in 2018.
Key highlights from 2018's crime statistics include:
Lowest number of index crimes in the modern era. There were 1,245 fewer incidents compared to 97,089 in 2017, or -1.3%;
Lowest number of homicides recorded in the modern era, 289 compared to 292 in 2017;
Robberies, burglaries, and grand larceny autos down when comparing 2018 versus 2017;
Felony assaults and grand larcenies were up less than half of a percentage point when comparing 2017 to 2018;
Shooting incidents were down 35 incidents, or 4.4%, when comparing 2017 to 2018
Latest from Admin TOA
- Selen Comes in Like a 'Typhoon', Turkish Immigrant Voted Chatham Township Mayor in 3-2 Count; Kelly Voted Deputy Mayor
- Tayfun Selen Becomes First Turkish Mayor to Be Elected in US After Being Voted Chatham Township Mayor
- Can Netflix Take Turkey’s TV Dramas to the World?
- Studio Vural Designs Memorial to Slain Journalist Jamal Khashoggi
- Turkish-American Actress, Jandae Percem Turning Heads In “Entity Project”