Bönen, Germany – The Turkish immigration to Germany started with the signing of an agreement in 1961. The move, which had a slow pace in the beginning, increased as per arrangement between Turkey and the European Economic Community in 1963. While there were 6800 Turkish people living in Germany in 1961, with the arrival of new immigrants the number went up to over 1 million in 1975 and climbed to over 2 million in 1998.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- TURYAK Awards Three Turkish-American Activists
- U.S. Imposes Sanctions on Turkish Company for Trade With North Korea
- Vamik Volkan Says Psychological Borders Become Physical Ones
- Atlantic Beach Man Guilty of Grand Theft Involving Three Women, Losses top $100,000
- TCA President Meets with Members of Congress