Bönen, Germany – The Turkish immigration to Germany started with the signing of an agreement in 1961. The move, which had a slow pace in the beginning, increased as per arrangement between Turkey and the European Economic Community in 1963. While there were 6800 Turkish people living in Germany in 1961, with the arrival of new immigrants the number went up to over 1 million in 1975 and climbed to over 2 million in 1998.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- MTS Logistics Named Top 10 Shipper by the Port of New Orleans
- Hamdi Ulakaya Backed La Colombe considers selling a stake in the Philly-based coffee company
- Turkish Businessman Murat Güzel Awarded Ellis Island Medal of Honor
- A Response from Turkish-American Activist to Guardian
- "Remembering His Highness Imperial Prince Osman Bayazid"