Bönen, Germany – The Turkish immigration to Germany started with the signing of an agreement in 1961. The move, which had a slow pace in the beginning, increased as per arrangement between Turkey and the European Economic Community in 1963. While there were 6800 Turkish people living in Germany in 1961, with the arrival of new immigrants the number went up to over 1 million in 1975 and climbed to over 2 million in 1998.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- 'Captain Marvel' Hires 'Fortnite' Composer Pinar Toprak, the First Woman to Score a Marvel Film
- Cano Ozgener, Founder of OZ Arts and CAO Cigars Dies
- Turkey Attracts $2.2B in Investments in First Quarter
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Shows Off its Military Modified Aircraft that Are Ready for Missions
- Turkey to Open Anti-dumping Probes into U.S. Companies: Minister