By Jade Scipioni - Every day, more than 90 Americans die after overdosing on opioids, according to the National Institute of Health. The misuse and addiction of these prescription pain killers has ignited President Donald Trump to formally declare it a national emergency—which is expected this week. Cardiothoracic surgeon and talk show host Dr. Mehmet Oz said the biggest problem causing the epidemic is that many doctors were misled on the safety of the narcotics early on.
“We were duped as physicians into believing that these opioids were safe enough to prescribe willy-nilly,” Oz told FOX Business.
Latest from Admin TOA
- Fox Renews ‘MasterChef Junior,’ Adds Daphne Oz as Judge
- Ozmens’ SNC Marks 50th Moon Landing Anniversary in U.S. & Europe
- Manhattan Printing Helps Brands & Retailers, Large or Small to Build Effective Presences that Improve Their Bottom Line
- Daron Acemoglu is Named Institute Professor at MIT
- Turkish Citizen Elected as the Next Greek Orthodox Archbishop of America