By Jade Scipioni - Every day, more than 90 Americans die after overdosing on opioids, according to the National Institute of Health. The misuse and addiction of these prescription pain killers has ignited President Donald Trump to formally declare it a national emergency—which is expected this week. Cardiothoracic surgeon and talk show host Dr. Mehmet Oz said the biggest problem causing the epidemic is that many doctors were misled on the safety of the narcotics early on.
“We were duped as physicians into believing that these opioids were safe enough to prescribe willy-nilly,” Oz told FOX Business.
- Dr. Oz Recounts His Visits to Syrian Refugee Camps
- Dr. Oz to Introduce Gobeklitepe in Television Show
- Turkish Airlines Cements Global Brand Power with Dr. Oz
- Global Wellness Institute Launches Wellness Moonshot: Destination—A World Free of Preventable Disease
- Cafe Management Company Gains Blue Zones Project Recognition
Latest from Admin TOA
- Turkey's Lira Slightly Firmer, Investors Weigh Up Prospects of Better U.S. Ties
- President Erdogan: "EU Must Pay"
- THO hosts “ Turkey Today” in New York with SETA DC and Sabah
- Kivanc Tatlitug North America Goes to Washington DC, Sept. 30!
- GCA 2018 Highlights: Crushing on Christine Lagarde, Chobani’s Ulukaya is More than Just a Yogurt Maker, And More