WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The US Air Force has awarded the Sierra Nevada Corporation a more than $41-million contract to design, engineer and test a new aircraft for the Airborne Mission Networking System, the Department of defense said in a press release. "Sierra Nevada Corporation [of] Sparks, Nevada has been awarded a $41,041,058… contract for design, engineering, integration, and testing on one aircraft of the Airborne Mission Networking System," the release stated on Wednesday.
The contract provides for engineering, material, travel, over and above, and data deliverables and work on it is expected to take more than two years and to be completed by September 16, 2019, the Defense Department said.
The Sierra Nevada Corporation is a US privately-held electronic systems provider and systems integrator specializing in microsatellites, telemedicine, and commercial orbital transportation services.
Latest from Admin TOA
- MTS Logistics, NYC-Based National Logistics Provider, Raises Over $50,000 for Autism Awareness with 9th Annual Bike Tour with MTS for Autism
- NASA Awards $45.5 Million for Private Moon Lander Work on Project Artemis
- Pink Martini Goes on Turkey Tour
- Fire at New Haven Mosque Was Intentionally Set, Fire Chief Says
- AIA Elects Turkish Architect Emre Arolat as 2019 Honorary Fellow