Pennsylvania's 7th District representative invited a Lehigh Valley small-business owner to President Donald Trump's State of the Union address Tuesday night. Rep. Susan Wild invited Murat Guzel, who owns a health foods company, to the president's speech, Wild's communications director Zoe Wilson-Meyer said. Guzel immigrated from Turkey three decades ago and works with the state's elected, appointed and non-profit leaders on mentoring and empowerment programs for girls, Wilson-Meyer said.
“Murat is a pillar in the Lehigh Valley community – his business and entrepreneurial spirit has fueled our local economy and his philanthropy and civic engagement has been invaluable to our community, schools, and neighborhoods," Wild said.
"His countless contributions to the Lehigh Valley, to Pennsylvania, and to this country are an important reminder of the integral role that immigrants - or New Americans - play in the fabric of our society. I am honored to have him join me for the State of the Union," Wild said. (http://www.wfmz.com/)
- Businessman Güzel Wrote for Washington Times: How U.S.-Turkey Relations Grow Stronger
- Turkish Businessman Murat Güzel Awarded Ellis Island Medal of Honor
- A Turkish-American at the Camp of Democratic Party Senators’ Elections Committee
- President Trump, Heed the Plight of the Rohingya
- Murat Guzel's Natural Food Group in Whitehall Gives Food to Houston Flood Victims.
Latest from Admin TOA
- Turkish Scientist Ali Erdemir Is Elected A Member of The National Academy of Engineering
- Mayor de Blasio, Commissioner O'Neal Hold a Press Conference on Crime Statistics
- Turkey’s Yildirim Sets Financing in Bid for Long Beach Shipping Terminal
- Turkish Tech Entrepreneur Makes '30 under 30' list
- Mayor Bill de Blasio and NYPD Chief Harrison Visited Muslim Community after the Terror Attack in New Zealand