Ali Cinar-New York- (January 15th-2015) - New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has launched an ID program that will give the city's estimated half million undocumented migrants an opportunity to open bank accounts and access other services that may have been denied to them before.
"IDNYC is not only a card for all New Yorkers, it is the gateway to city services, the key to opening a bank account or getting a library card, and the ticket to many of our city's finest cultural institutions," de Blasio announced
De Blasio's new project will cover the city's five boroughs and includes the provision of discounts on medical prescriptions and tickets for Broadway shows, sports events, theme parks, gyms, museums, galleries and other cultural attractions.
The new ID will be available to undocumented immigrants, as well as homeless people.
In order to obtain the new card New Yorkers would have to prove their identity by presenting a valid photo ID and documents confirming their residency in New York City.
The Turkish American Community welcomes the opportunity and will be benefit turkish americans who are undocumented in New York as well. Turkish American organizations are also promoting this program through media channels and emails.
Application Materials: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/idnyc/card/application-materials.page#applications
For Appointment: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/idnyc/card/make-an-appointment.page
NOTE: There is no TURKISH language available on the application materials.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Turkish Scientist Ali Erdemir Is Elected A Member of The National Academy of Engineering
- Mayor de Blasio, Commissioner O'Neal Hold a Press Conference on Crime Statistics
- Turkey’s Yildirim Sets Financing in Bid for Long Beach Shipping Terminal
- Turkish Tech Entrepreneur Makes '30 under 30' list
- Mayor Bill de Blasio and NYPD Chief Harrison Visited Muslim Community after the Terror Attack in New Zealand