How much salary do you need to earn in order to afford the principal, interest, tax and insurance payments on a median-priced home in your metro area?
For our calculations, HSH.com uses the National Association of Realtors’ 2017 first-quarter data for median-home prices, national mortgage rate data derived from weekly surveys by Freddie Mac and the Mortgage Bankers Association of America for 30-year fixed rate mortgages and available property tax and homeowners insurance costs to determine the annual salary it takes to afford the base cost of owning a home (principal, interest, property tax and homeowner's insurance, or PITI) in the nation's 27 largest metropolitan areas.
Author | Kevin Aizenshtat -
Latest from Admin TOA
- Will Turkish Film "Ayla" Make the Cut on January 23rd?
- Turkish, U.S. Officials Plan Meeting to Resolve Visa Feud
- Ban Ki Moon and Women in Power Define Empowerment With Their Renewed Pledge To ‘’Help a Woman Rise”
- US Delegation To Travel To Turkey Amid Visa Crisis
- Citigroup Inc. Acquires New Stake in Turkish Investment Fund