By Ali Cinar - NYPD Middle East and Turkic Society organized a Heritage Gala at 1 Police Plaza. NYPD Commissioner James O'Neil and NYPD MTS President Mourad Mourad made a opening remarks during the Gala. President Mourad said: "We will continue to work hard and continue to grow so that the NYPD is well represented in our communities and the trust between law enforcement and the civilian population gets even stronger."
NYPD Chief of Department Terrence Monahan, Captain Jamiel Altaheri and Mr. Nabil Zebib received Awards for their contribution and hard word from the Society. In addition, Society Board Members, Board of Trustees, Advisory Board Members and ME&Turkic American Community leaders enjoyed the folk dance from different ethnic groups and international food.
About NYPD MTS
The purpose of establishing the Middle Eastern and Turkic Society (MTS) is to provide a forum for NYPD uniform and civilians members of Greater Middle Eastern and Turkic Descent to congregate and celebrate their cultural and religious diversity. We aim to serve as a bridge between the multitude of backgrounds commonly found amongst people of The Mid-East and Turkic heritage and to celebrate our rich cultural and religious diversity.
The society welcomes and respects individuals from all ethnic and religious backgrounds, will support the NYPD as an institution, highlight the diversity found within the department and serve as a platform for inter-religious and inter-cultural dialogue. The MTS aims to support the broader NYPD mission of cross-cultural community engagement by sponsoring social events, cultural activities, charitable programs and community outreach.
More info: www.nypdmts.org/index.php?route=information/about
- NYC Mayor de Blasio Announces Mask Donation from the United Nations to Help Fight the Spread of COVID-19
- NYC Mayor De Blasio: “We are taking serious precautions against the coronavirus.”
- NYPD Holds a Special Holiday Party
- NYC is ready for New Year Eve Celebration by Ali Cinar New York
- Massive Security Operation Underway to Protect the 73rd Session of UNGA
Latest from Admin TOA
- Looting hit a Turkish-owned pharmacy store in the U.S
- Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser unveils large street banner reading 'Black Lives Matter'
- Turkish Americans in the 2020 Elections!
- Candan Tamerler, Ph.D. Elected as President of TASSA
- Undocumented Students Generated Up to $132 Million in Relief to Colleges—But They Won’t Receive a Dime From the Stimulus