TCA President G. Lincoln McCurdy and TUSIAD President Simone Kaslowski recently met with Members of Congress to highlight the importance of maintaining the strategic alliance and dialogue between the United States and Turkey. The meetings were set up by TCA on the occasion of the inaugural delegation led by Kaslowski to Washington as TUSIAD’s new president. TUSIAD, i.e. the Turkish Industry and Business Association, is Turkey’s equivalent of the Business Roundtable in the U.S.
The current state of the relations between the two countries is a significant concern for both organizations, following Turkey’s acquisition of the Russian-made S-400 surface-to-air defense system and suspension of Turkish participation in the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter consortium. Kaslowski stated: "Turkey and the United States have always been able to overcome disagreements in the relationship by underlining common interests and shared values as members of the liberal democratic order...As representatives of the business world, we are committed to improving economic relations between Turkey and the U.S."
TCA supports a positive and constructive U.S.-Turkey relationship based on cooperation, mutual understanding, and shared values. Through its congressional outreach, TCA plays a critical role in helping to rebuild trust in the bilateral relationship. TCA programs also encourage grassroots activism and Turkish Americans across the country to have a continuous dialogue with their elected officials on the local, state, and federal levels about the importance of the U.S.-Turkey relations.
TCA Chairman Dr. Yalcin Ayasli stated: “A permanent rupture in the U.S.-Turkey relationship would be a loss for both sides and win for their enemies. We urge both countries to recommit to their strategic partnership, based on their shared interests in security and stability in the region.”
- TCA's Chairman and Founder Dr. Yalcin Ayasli Receives 2020 Ataturk Distinguished Humanitarian Award
- TCA Gusi Peace Prize is Read into Congressional Record
- TCA Announces 12th Annual Washington Summer Internship Program
- 5th Annual TCA Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress Concludes
- TCA President Meets with Members of Congress
Latest from Admin TOA
- Dr Acehan works on Turkish-American History Initiative
- We Lost a Great Friend to the Turkish People: Brent Kennedy
- Turkish, US Firms to Meet Virtually, Focusing on Defense, Digital Economy, Construction, Energy
- US Election Seen from Turkey: Turkish People Have "A Very Negative Perception of Joe Biden"
- How Much Is The Western Union Company Paying Its CEO?