Lauren Arikan, wife of Turkish American Yusuf Arikan, is running for the House of Delegates in Maryland’s 7th District in the Republican Primary on June 26, 2018. The Arikans live with their three children in Jarrettsville, Maryland on their 8-acre farm where they raise poultry and dairy goats. They own and manage an accounting and staffing firm, Arikan Accounting. Lauren also owns and operates an investment company, Arikan Investments.
Lauren is a member of the Harford County Republican Women’s Club and the Maryland Federation of Republican Women. She has spent the last several years regularly testifying in Annapolis against legislation that harms parental rights. Community service is a huge part of Lauren’s life. As a teen, she was a Girl Scout Gold Award recipient. In 2014, she founded Birth Circle of Baltimore, which is a monthly community group that offers free peer support to women during their childbearing years and beyond. She also served on the board of Maryland Friends of Midwives, a local 501(c)3, that supports midwifery in Maryland. The general election in Maryland will be held on November 6, 2018.
- Message from a Turkish-American Nurse: We are acting very carefully and cautiously.
- NYC Mayor:We need 45,00 additional health care workers
- March unemployment rate hits 4.4 % in the U.S
- President Trump: “There will be a lot of death over the next two weeks.”
- NYC Mayor de Blasio Announces Mask Donation from the United Nations to Help Fight the Spread of COVID-19
Latest from Admin TOA
- Looting hit a Turkish-owned pharmacy store in the U.S
- Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser unveils large street banner reading 'Black Lives Matter'
- Turkish Americans in the 2020 Elections!
- Candan Tamerler, Ph.D. Elected as President of TASSA
- Undocumented Students Generated Up to $132 Million in Relief to Colleges—But They Won’t Receive a Dime From the Stimulus