Applications to Outstanding Achievement Awards, Heritage + Diversity + Legacy have started. Awards which are given by the first and only Turkish American business magazine, TURKOFAMERICA, will go this year to those who contribute to the development of the United States in the economic, political, cultural and social areas while preserving their ethnic values. Award ceremonies have been held in different themes since 2015. The first year, America’s 50 most effective Turks, in 2016, America’s 30 Most Effective Women, in 2017, 40 Turkish-Americans under 40, and in 2018, Friends of Turkey in America were awarded. This year’s awards will be given to those from different ethnicities who have contributed to the communities they live in. Award winners will consist of names from a variety of ethnic groups other than American Turks and take their awards at the ceremony which will be held at U.S. Chamber of Commerce, in Washington DC on November 15, 2019. Applications are to start on July 9 and end on August 15, 2019.
Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of TURKOFAMERICA, Cemil Özyurt, emphasized that this year’s theme was devoted not only to American Turks but to all ethnic groups who contribute to American society. Ozyurt also mentioned that unlike previous years, the ceremony will be held in Washington DC for the first time this year.
The award ceremony will be organized by TOA Consulting as in the past years. Manager of TOA Consulting, Jimmy Cüneyt Gürkan, stated that a wide range of successful people would be awarded and this year’s ceremony would be held at U.S. Chamber of Commerce, one of the most beautiful buildings of Washington DC.
Awards will be given to people who preserve the values of their ethnic origins while contributing to the American lifestyle. They will be presented to successful individuals in the fields of business, academia, professional life, art, culture, sports, music, media and, social responsibility.
Applications: July 9- August 16, 2019
Selective Committee Evaluation: 19-26 August 2019
Jury Voting: 26-30 August 2019
Announcement: September 2, 2019
Award Ceremony: November 15, 2019
A- INDIVIDUAL CANDIDATES
- Any individual living the USA may suggest him/herself and/or someone he/she knows as a candidate for the category he/she sees fit.
- It is required that the candidates have been living in the USA since at least January 1st, 2019.
- The candidates can be nominated for at most two categories.
- Spouses, children, parents, and siblings of those who are involved in the Outstanding Achievement Awards organization may not be considered as candidates.
- It is recommended that the candidates send in the following documents in order to increase their chances of being selected.
- Awards, plaques, and certificates received
- Organizations he/she is a member in
- News and articles about him/her
- Documents to be taken under consideration can be sent to the following address:
Turk of America LLC
104W 40th St Ste 513
New York, NY 10018
You may contact us at +1 (201) 250 4376 for further information.
- The candidates are obligated to provide any additional documents and/or information if they are contacted by the TurkofAmeirca officials.
- It is prohibited for the candidates to contact the jury members and attempt to influence them. This will be considered a reason for disqualification.
- Those who receive a Outstanding Achievement Awards may not be a candidate for the following three years.
B- INSTITUTIONAL CANDIDATES
- Any institution that has a legal company status in the USA (Inc., LLC, Corp., etc.) may be a candidate or may nominate another company as a candidate.
- The candidate institutions have to have been established prior to January 1, 2019.
- Each institution may be nominated for at most two categories.
- Those companies with which the Outstanding Achievement Awards organization committee members and jury work and/or affiliate may not be nominated as a candidate.
- It is recommended that the candidate companies send in the following documents in order to increase the chances of selection:
- History of the company/institution
- If any, awards and plaques.
- Organizations it belongs to
- If any, newsletters from the past two years (three for each year)
- If any, news, interviews, research about the institution; and news clips from the Website and/or TV.
- The documents and information to be taken under consideration during the application process may be mailed to the following address:
Turk of America LLC
104W 40th St Ste 513
New York, NY 10018
For further information, you may contact us at +1 (212) 836 4723.
- The representatives of the candidate institution are obligated to provide the necessary information when the TurkofAmerica officials contact them.
- It is prohibited for the TurkofAmerica candidates to contact the jury members and attempt to influence them. This will be considered a reason for disqualification.
- Those who receive a Outstanding Achievement Awards may not be a candidate for the following three years
STEPS FOR APPLICATION
- Submitting of the applications: The submission of the applications of the candidates to the organization.
-Pre-elimination: Pre-elimination of the applications by the organization committee.
-Second stage evaluation: Reducing of the number of the pre-selected candidates in each category to five by the organization committee.
-Final evaluation and public voting: Evaluation of the final candidates by the jury and election of the winners of each category.
-Award ceremony: Announcing of the winners and the award ceremony.
- Most successful start-up: All for-profit companies which have not been in operation for more than two years may be candidates for this category.
- Most successful entrepreneur: Anyone whose technology, products or services are, or potentially, can develop into something new and different, may be a candidate for this category.
- Most successful charity: Any charity, association, or organization that is not-for-profit can be a candidate for this position.
- Most successful businesswoman: Businesswomen whose company has provided brand name services, products and/or technologies and who have a significant input in the development of their companies may be candidates for this position.
- Most successful businessman: Businessmen whose company has provided brand name services, products and/or technologies and who have a significant input in the development of their companies may be candidates for this position.
- Most successful company: All companies that have contributed to the American economy through their brand value, endorsements, profitability, employments, services, products, and technologies can be candidates in this category.
- Most successful academician: Any author, thinker, researcher, or academician holding a scholastic title, whose work in the natural and social sciences have contributed in his/her region, or in a universal sense, to the advancement of science and humanity can be a candidate to this category.
- Most successful activist: Any individual who stands in the front line with his/her works and activities and sacrifices time and effort to give voice to the society can be a candidate for this category.
- Most successful society leader: The founders, executives, or members of organizations that strengthen the commercial, social, and cultural integration between the American people, or take roles towards this goal, can be a candidate for this category.
- Most successful brand of the year: Services, products, and technologies of companies that have been established and run in the USA by first, second or third generation of immigrant’s capital and/or executives, which have created a brand value, can be a candidate for this category.
- Most successful company with social responsibility: Companies that contribute positively to society, either in the environmental or social sense, through their products, services, and technologies can be a candidate for this category.
- Most successful professional executive: Executives who work in companies that have been established in the USA can be a candidate for this position.
- Most successful artist: Artists who are performers, either individually or as a group member, in at least one branch of the arts, such as music, painting, sculpture, handwork, stage arts, and the like, can be a candidate for this position.
- Most successful global person: Any individual who has been successful in gaining global recognition through his/her works and/or activities and representing America can be a candidate for this category.
- Most successful institute: Any institution, university, or college that provides educational services in the USA.
- Young Turk: Any American under the age of 25 who gains attention with his/her successes in sciences, arts, sports, or social fields can be a candidate for this category.
- Jury’s special award: This award is given to those individuals who are not considered as a candidate under any of the categories above but are recognized by the jury as an individual whose honoring would be very important for the American society.
- TURKOFAMERICA’s special award:
Latest from Admin TOA
- Turkish Americans in the 2020 Elections!
- Candan Tamerler, Ph.D. Elected as President of TASSA
- Undocumented Students Generated Up to $132 Million in Relief to Colleges—But They Won’t Receive a Dime From the Stimulus
- We Need Your Help, Spreading Awareness for Aylin Acikalin, Democrat for Judge of New Orleans, First City Court!
- Halfway through Ramadan