By Jimmy Cuneyt Gurkan - Haluk Bilginer won the Best Performance by an Actor award on Monday at the 47th International Emmy Awards in New York for his performance in the TV series Sahsiyet (Persona). "I am very happy that this award went to Turkey more than myself,” the 65-year-old actor told Anadolu Agency. “It is very pleasing that work we do with love and admiration is appreciated by others on an international platform and crowned with an award.”
In the miniseries, Bilginer plays a man diagnosed with Alzheimer's who is cursed to eventually lose all his memories. Bilginer’s character, however, turns the ailment into an opportunity in which he can execute guilty people without any fear of suffering pangs of conscience. The 12-episode series won acclaim from viewers in Turkey and abroad and is rated 9.1 out of 10 on the Internet Movie Database (IMDb).
Bilginer talks to reporter after the award ceremony.
Latest from Admin TOA
- Looting hit a Turkish-owned pharmacy store in the U.S
- Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser unveils large street banner reading 'Black Lives Matter'
- Turkish Americans in the 2020 Elections!
- Candan Tamerler, Ph.D. Elected as President of TASSA
- Undocumented Students Generated Up to $132 Million in Relief to Colleges—But They Won’t Receive a Dime From the Stimulus