MADRID — Turkey midfielder Hamit Altintop's switch from Bayern Munich to Real Madrid is set to be completed on Monday, the Spanish sport daily Marca reported on Saturday.
"It is expected that his signing with Real Madrid will be officially announced on Monday," wrote Marca, without citing a source.
Another sport daily, As, also reported that Altintop's deal was nearing completion and said his arrival was "at the express request of (Real coach Jose) Mourinho".
Altintop, currently sidelined with a back problem, has only played 63 games for Bayern in an injury-plagued four-year spell but will arrive on a free transfer because his contract at the German giants is due to expire.
The arrival of 28-year-old Altintop follows that of his 22-year-old international team-mate Nuri Sahin, who completed a 10 million euros ($14m) move to Real from German champions Borussia Dortmund last week. Source: AFP
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Looting hit a Turkish-owned pharmacy store in the U.S
- Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser unveils large street banner reading 'Black Lives Matter'
- Turkish Americans in the 2020 Elections!
- Candan Tamerler, Ph.D. Elected as President of TASSA
- Undocumented Students Generated Up to $132 Million in Relief to Colleges—But They Won’t Receive a Dime From the Stimulus