Turkish American businesswoman Eren Ozmen is selected one of the America's richest self-made women by Forbes. Forbes has compiled list of the nation's self-made women as measured by their net worths. Forbes
Eren Ozmen is president and co-owner of private defense and aerospace company Sierra Nevada Corp. SNC announced a partnership with the United Nation in September 2016 to use its Dream Chaser spacecraft to help developing countries get into space.
The company is also starting a program with the European Space Agency and two other European space companies. Ozmen and her husband Fatih bought SNC in 1994 when it had just 20 employees. Today the company has nearly 3,000 employees in 34 locations in U.S., England, Germany, and Turkey. Eren Ozmen, who is chairman of Sierra Nevada, the biggest female-owned federal contractor in the U.S.
Nevada has the third highest number of self-made women on this year's list. Defense contractor Sierra Nevada Corp. president Eren Ozmen is a newly minted billionaire with a $1.1 billion fortune. She immigrated to the U.S. from Turkey for grad school and lives in Reno. In 1994, she bought Nevada-based SNC with her husband. SNC is partnering with the U.N. to use its Dream Chaser spacecraft to help developing countries get into space. (Source: Forbes)
Latest from Admin TOA
- Turkish, US Firms to Meet Virtually, Focusing on Defense, Digital Economy, Construction, Energy
- US Election Seen from Turkey: Turkish People Have "A Very Negative Perception of Joe Biden"
- How Much Is The Western Union Company Paying Its CEO?
- The Greatest Generation’s Squandered Legacy
- Amish Market Will Close Permanently This Month