By Ali Cinar - Police Commissioner James P. O’Neill, First Deputy Commissioner Benjamin Tucker and Chief of Department Terrence Monahan’s Holiday Party and many NYPD Officers enjoyed the Holiday Party that was held on Russo's on the Bay. NYPD Middle East & Turkic Society Members were also present at the Holiday Party. The members were great to see so many colleagues come together to support the great leadership that they have at the NYPD.
Successful Year for NYPD
New York City achieves record breaking low crime in 2018.
Key highlights from 2018's crime statistics include:
Lowest number of index crimes in the modern era. There were 1,245 fewer incidents compared to 97,089 in 2017, or -1.3%;
Lowest number of homicides recorded in the modern era, 289 compared to 292 in 2017;
Robberies, burglaries, and grand larceny autos down when comparing 2018 versus 2017;
Felony assaults and grand larcenies were up less than half of a percentage point when comparing 2017 to 2018;
Shooting incidents were down 35 incidents, or 4.4%, when comparing 2017 to 2018
- NYC Mayor de Blasio Announces Mask Donation from the United Nations to Help Fight the Spread of COVID-19
- NYC Mayor De Blasio: “We are taking serious precautions against the coronavirus.”
- NYC is ready for New Year Eve Celebration by Ali Cinar New York
- NYPD Members and Community Leaders gather at NYPD MTS Heritage Gala
- Massive Security Operation Underway to Protect the 73rd Session of UNGA
Latest from Admin TOA
- Looting hit a Turkish-owned pharmacy store in the U.S
- Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser unveils large street banner reading 'Black Lives Matter'
- Turkish Americans in the 2020 Elections!
- Candan Tamerler, Ph.D. Elected as President of TASSA
- Undocumented Students Generated Up to $132 Million in Relief to Colleges—But They Won’t Receive a Dime From the Stimulus