Elpidophoros Lambriniadis, who was born and raised in Bakirkoy, Istanbul, is the first Turkish citizen in history to be elected to lead the Greek Orthodox congregation in the United States. He was elected unanimously by the "Holy Council" (Synod) of the Fener Greek Patriarchate in Istanbul, led by Patriarch Bartholomeos. His Eminence Archbishop Elpidophoros of America will be enthroned as the seventh Archbishop of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America on Saturday June 22, 2019 in Manhattan, NY.
In a recent interview with Turkish daily Hurriyet*, Lambriniadis highlighted the importance of his position in improving the relations among US, Turkey, and Greece. He also reflected on his childhood memories in Istanbul, where Muslim, Greek, and Armenian citizens lived in harmony and peace.
Latest from Admin TOA
- GameChanger Author Gunasti: "Trump will win the Presidential Election."
- NYPD Goes Purple on Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Dr Acehan works on Turkish-American History Initiative
- We Lost a Great Friend to the Turkish People: Brent Kennedy
- Turkish, US Firms to Meet Virtually, Focusing on Defense, Digital Economy, Construction, Energy