Turkish American Professor Gokhan S. Hotamisligil received the 2018 EASD–Novo Nordisk Foundation Diabetes Prize for Excellence for his outstanding research efforts that have led to groundbreaking new knowledge about the relationship between obesity and diabetes and potential paths for treatment.
Professor Hotamisligil is a Turkish American physician scientist; James Stevens Simmons Professor of Genetics and Metabolism; chair of the Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (HSPH); director of the Sabri Ulker Center for Metabolic Research and associate member of Harvard-MIT Broad Institute, Harvard Stem Cell Institute and the Joslin Diabetes Center. The Prize is awarded in collaboration between the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) and the Novo Nordisk Foundation to recognize outstanding research or technology contributions to the understanding of diabetes, its disease mechanisms or its complications. The Prize is accompanied by DKK 6 million (approximately one million U.S. dollars) for personal and research purposes.
Last modified onWednesday, 19 September 2018 22:41
- Secretary Pompeo: It's clear that the 5G tide has turned."
- Message from a Turkish-American Nurse: We are acting very carefully and cautiously.
- NYC Mayor:We need 45,00 additional health care workers
- March unemployment rate hits 4.4 % in the U.S
- President Trump: “There will be a lot of death over the next two weeks.”
Latest from Admin TOA
- GameChanger Author Gunasti: "Trump will win the Presidential Election."
- NYPD Goes Purple on Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Dr Acehan works on Turkish-American History Initiative
- We Lost a Great Friend to the Turkish People: Brent Kennedy
- Turkish, US Firms to Meet Virtually, Focusing on Defense, Digital Economy, Construction, Energy