WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The US Air Force has awarded the Sierra Nevada Corporation a more than $41-million contract to design, engineer and test a new aircraft for the Airborne Mission Networking System, the Department of defense said in a press release. "Sierra Nevada Corporation [of] Sparks, Nevada has been awarded a $41,041,058… contract for design, engineering, integration, and testing on one aircraft of the Airborne Mission Networking System," the release stated on Wednesday.
The contract provides for engineering, material, travel, over and above, and data deliverables and work on it is expected to take more than two years and to be completed by September 16, 2019, the Defense Department said.
The Sierra Nevada Corporation is a US privately-held electronic systems provider and systems integrator specializing in microsatellites, telemedicine, and commercial orbital transportation services.
Latest from Admin TOA
- Looting hit a Turkish-owned pharmacy store in the U.S
- Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser unveils large street banner reading 'Black Lives Matter'
- Turkish Americans in the 2020 Elections!
- Candan Tamerler, Ph.D. Elected as President of TASSA
- Undocumented Students Generated Up to $132 Million in Relief to Colleges—But They Won’t Receive a Dime From the Stimulus