Coca Cola Company Chair Muhtar Kent has been named the “Global Turkish Professional of the Year” at the Businesspeople of the Year Awards, organized by the Turkish business magazine Ekonomist. The award was presented to Kent late on Nov. 6 in Istanbul by Doğan Holding Founder and Honorary President Aydın Doğan. “For any Turk who has worked abroad for the last 40 years, like me, one of the biggest responsibilities is always to support the Turkey brand,” Kent said upon accepting his award.
“I have worked abroad as an executive since 1978. I have lived in 21 different countries during this time. Foreigners often want to talk about Turkey with me and I am proud to carry such a big responsibility. This is of course the case for all Turkish executives who work and live abroad,” he added.
U.S.-based yogurt company Chobani’s founder, Hamdi Ulukaya, was named the “Global Turkish Entrepreneur of the Year” at the 26th Businesspeople of the Year ceremony.
Koç Holding Chair Ömer Koç received the “Businessperson of the Year” award, Ziraat Bank CEO Hüseyin Aydın received the “Bureaucrat of the Year” award, and former Turkish Industry and Business Association (TÜSİAD) chair Cansen Başaran-Symes was named “Civil Society Leader of the Year.”
İş Bank CEO Adnan Bali won the “Professional of the Year” award, while delivery company Getir founder Nazım Sulur and restaurant Big Chef founder Gamze Cizreli were both named Entrepreneurs of the Year.
- Message from a Turkish-American Nurse: We are acting very carefully and cautiously.
- NYC Mayor:We need 45,00 additional health care workers
- March unemployment rate hits 4.4 % in the U.S
- President Trump: “There will be a lot of death over the next two weeks.”
- NYC Mayor de Blasio Announces Mask Donation from the United Nations to Help Fight the Spread of COVID-19
Latest from Admin TOA
- Turkish Americans in the 2020 Elections!
- Candan Tamerler, Ph.D. Elected as President of TASSA
- Undocumented Students Generated Up to $132 Million in Relief to Colleges—But They Won’t Receive a Dime From the Stimulus
- We Need Your Help, Spreading Awareness for Aylin Acikalin, Democrat for Judge of New Orleans, First City Court!
- Halfway through Ramadan