A successful Turkish businesswoman Derya Matraş has been appointed as Regional Director of Facebook in the Middle East, Africa and Turkey.
In this role, she will manage Facebook to serve businesses and communities and to grow the company’s economic and social impact across the region.
Who is Derya Matras?
Derya Matras, who has been Country Director of Turkey in Facebook since 2015, is leading the Facebook team working to help brands and agencies operating in Turkey to use Facebook, Instagram and other relevant company products in the best way.
Ms. Matraş had a Bachelor of Engineering from Boğaziçi University, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and an MBA degree from Columbia Business School. She previously worked in international companies, including McKinsey & Company. Prior to joining Facebook, she was Vice President of Dogan Media Group, the largest media conglomerate and She also worked at McKinsey & Company advising private sector and governments around the world, especially on the digital economy. Ms. Matras is married with two children.
Facebook had 2.41 billion monthly active users around the world, as of last year. It is blocked in North Korea and China. There are over 40,000 employees and company's revenue was US$55 billion dollars in 2018. Facebook user number is currently 34 million in Turkey and In 2022, the number of monthly active Facebook users is projected to reach 37.72 million individuals.
Latest from Ali Cinar
- US President Trump: “We think that we will have had a vaccination by the end of the year.”
- Dr.Sadtler:”We are researching to quantify undetected cases of coronavirus infection"
- NYC Mayor: No protests are allowed in NYC
- President Trump: "Task Force Will Keep Working "Indefinitely"
- United States thanks to NATO Ally Turkey for 'generous donation' of coronavirus aid