ANKARA. – In an interview with Turkish journalists, US Ambassador to Turkey, Francis Ricciardone, spoke about the regional issues. And with respect to the French Senate’s passing of the bill that criminalizes the denial of genocides, including the Armenian Genocide, the American ambassador noted that France is an ancient and a very important friend of the United States.
“Turkey is such, too. We want for the Turks and the Armenians to genuinely and fully accept the events in connection with 1915. The simple, straightforward, and constructive way is the most correct way. A meeting of the historians of the two parties must be organized. There is more contact between the Turks and the Armenians. We, as Americans, are interested in the future,” the US Ambassador to Ankara said, Hurriyet daily of Turkey informs. (http://news.am)
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Looting hit a Turkish-owned pharmacy store in the U.S
- Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser unveils large street banner reading 'Black Lives Matter'
- Turkish Americans in the 2020 Elections!
- Candan Tamerler, Ph.D. Elected as President of TASSA
- Undocumented Students Generated Up to $132 Million in Relief to Colleges—But They Won’t Receive a Dime From the Stimulus