New York is at the top of cities where most deaths due to the Coronavirus have happened and most cases recorded. Besides pandemics, New York also struggled with protests, increasing crime rates, and economic challenges in 2020. Previously referred to as "the city that never sleeps," New York is now almost transformed into a "ghost city." The City of New York faced a severe economic loss in 2020. Over eighty percent of the entertainment and service industries, as well as restaurants, which are the pillars of the city, have been incapacitated. Hundreds of thousands of people who work in the service industry have lost their jobs.
Mayor de Blasio has called upon New Yorkers who are not feeling well, not going to work, work from home if possible, and not using public transportation, like the buses and the subway.
Mayor Bill de Blasio said that the St. Patrick's Day Parade, which has been traditionally held in Manhattan in March every year since 1762, could be canceled.
He also stated that they plan to take specific measures related to the Broadway shows and that some plays could be canceled. The New York Auto Show, one of the leading exhibitions of the automotive sector, has been canceled.
"We won't let the pandemic spread again in the city."
New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said that all passengers arriving in New York from other countries would be required to fill a form once they have landed at the airport and that they would be monitored closely by the authorities.
Mayor de Blasio stated that the same procedures would be implemented against those arriving in the city with their own vehicles, by train, and by bus.,
De Blasio said that documents indicating that they are in quarantine will be mailed with return receipt requested from the
New York City Police Commissioner's office to the hotels or homes of the people coming to New York from abroad and that their health status is going to be closely monitored by the Department of Health.
- New York Mayor Adams: New York City is America's Istanbul
- Pro-Palestine and pro-Israel protesters clash in New York
- United States thanks to NATO Ally Turkey for 'generous donation' of coronavirus aid
- Turkish-American Doctors are fighting coronavirus outbreak in NYC
- President Trump: “The worst could be behind us around July or August.”
Latest from Ali Cinar
- Cuts to Social Work and Education Budgets in New York
- President Biden meets with Texas governor, officials in 1st visit to US-Mexico border
- Nearly 1K New York City vehicles becoming all-electric!
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis over Trump for President?
- New York City Mayor Adams gives himself a 'solid B+' in the first year.