It has been decided that President Biden's nominee for the Ankara Ambassador to the U.S., Senator Jeff Flake, will officially take up his duties with the approval of the Senate General Assembly.
In the message he shared on his Twitter after being approved in the Senate, Flake said, "I am honored to have been approved bilaterally by my former colleagues."
In his speech at the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Flake stated that:
"Turkey is an important NATO ally and one of the important partners of the U.S., in the region, there are many issues that we are working on together." Flake also highlighted the important economic partnership that is home to more than 1,900 U.S. companies.
While warning that new sanctions will come if Turkey continues to purchase the S400, Flake said, "I will force Turkey to comply with its NATO ally status regarding human rights."
Who is Ambassador Jeff Flake?
-He is 58 years old and from Arizona.
-From 2001–2013, he was a member of the House of Representatives.
-From 2013–2019, he was a U.S. Senator.
-He went on a Mormon missionary trip overseas in South Africa and Zimbabwe.
-He is known for criticizing Trump.
-He has experience in the Think Tank world, and he worked as a Goldwater Institute Director.
Latest from Ali Cinar
- Cuts to Social Work and Education Budgets in New York
- President Biden meets with Texas governor, officials in 1st visit to US-Mexico border
- Nearly 1K New York City vehicles becoming all-electric!
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis over Trump for President?
- New York City Mayor Adams gives himself a 'solid B+' in the first year.