The 8th Turkish Festival will take place in Washington, D.C. on October 3. The festival will be organized by American-Turkish Association DC and is expected to host 20,000 visitors. A total of 15,000 visitors --most of were U.S. citizens-- visited last year's festival.
Turkish culture and cuisine will be introduced during the festival. Meanwhile, Turks will try to enter Guinness Book of Records with the longest shish kebab of the world. A six-meter-long shish kebab will be cooked during the festival.
American-Turkish Association DC's chairperson Demet Cabbar told reporters that the festival had become a traditional one, adding that 150 people would work as volunteers during the festival. Cabbar noted that Turkish Culture & Tourism Ministry extended 5,000 USD for the festival which had 80,000 USD of budget. AA
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Melisa Oğuzcan, FED'in faiz artış kararı öncesi son bilgileri paylaşıyor
- Melisa Oguzcan Birlesmis Milletlerden bildiriyor
- Melisa Oğuzcan Washington,DC'den bildiriyor. Çavuşoğlu-Blinken görüşmesinden neler çıktı?
- The Latest Turkish-American developments by Melisa Oguzcan from White House
- The Gifted Photographer Joined TURKOFAMERICA Team