Yogurt fans: It’s time to celebrate. According to an invitation to Twin Falls city staff obtained by the Times-News, the ceremony begins at 3 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Chobani site. The grand opening ceremony takes place almost exactly a year after Chobani’s Dec. 19, 2011, groundbreaking ceremony. Since then, contractors have built the approximately 950,000-square-foot production facility in southeast Twin Falls. It’s the company’s second facility in the U.S.
Melissa Stagnaro, Chobani’s corporate communications director, said Chobani will be producing yogurt by the grand opening.
“Our plan is to ramp up production over a period of time,” she wrote in an email to the Times-News.
When the factory is at full capacity, it will produce as many as 4.2 million cases of yogurt per week, according to a Nov. 5 presentation to the Twin Falls City Council by John Winnie, project manager for Chobani’s Twin Falls plant.
At that meeting, Winnie indicated there are plans for future growth at Chobani Idaho, but declined to elaborate.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Melisa Oguzcan Birlesmis Milletlerden bildiriyor
- Melisa Oğuzcan Washington,DC'den bildiriyor. Çavuşoğlu-Blinken görüşmesinden neler çıktı?
- The Latest Turkish-American developments by Melisa Oguzcan from White House
- The Gifted Photographer Joined TURKOFAMERICA Team
- First Syriac Immigrants in the United States