On Friday, October 21, the Turkish Coalition of America (TCA) hosted a reception for the Hon. Ed Whitfield (R-KY, 1995-2016) upon his retirement from Congress for his contributions to the Turkish American community and the U.S.-Turkey relationship. As co-founder and co-chair of the Congressional Caucus on U.S.-Turkey Relations and Turkish Americans, he was an ardent supporter of the U.S.-Turkey relationship and a voice on Capitol Hill for Turkish Americans.
Members and friends of the Turkish American community attended the reception along with a delegation of Turkish Women Politicians. The delegation was in Washington to learn more about the upcoming U.S. election as part of the TCA-sponsored and U.S. Association of Former Members of Congress (USAFMC)-organized 2016 Pre-Election Study Tour to Washington, DC.
As the Republican co-chair, Whitfield founded the Turkey Caucus in 2001 along with his Democratic counterpart, former Congressman Robert Wexler of Florida. Their original objective was to have 25 members in the Caucus. The growth of the Caucus, however, exceeded expectations. At the time of Whitfield's retirement from Congress, Caucus membership was 155, with 43 of the 50 states and all six territories represented.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Melisa Oğuzcan, FED'in faiz artış kararı öncesi son bilgileri paylaşıyor
- Melisa Oguzcan Birlesmis Milletlerden bildiriyor
- Melisa Oğuzcan Washington,DC'den bildiriyor. Çavuşoğlu-Blinken görüşmesinden neler çıktı?
- The Latest Turkish-American developments by Melisa Oguzcan from White House
- The Gifted Photographer Joined TURKOFAMERICA Team