The NYPD announced that they are not going to inquire about the immigration status of crime victims, witnesses, or others who call or approach the police seeking assistance. The countries largerst police department says its press release: "The NYPD does not conduct civil immigration enforcement."
"The NYPD is committed to maintaining a welcoming environment for immigrant communities while also maintaining public safety for all. With this backdrop, the NYPD believes it is important to reiterate our immigration related policies. The NYPD accepts the city's IDNYC as a valid and recognized form of government-issued identification including for the issuance of summonses and Desk Appearance Tickets.
The NYPD does not inquire about the immigration status of crime victims, witnesses, or others who call or approach the police seeking assistance. The NYPD does not conduct civil immigration enforcement. Specifically, this department does not enforce administrative warrants issued by Immigration and Custom Enforcement agents or federal immigration judges solely in connection with civil immigration violations. It is our city's resolve to remain a safe and welcoming place for all immigrants. "
Latest from Admin TOA
- Melisa Oguzcan Birlesmis Milletlerden bildiriyor
- Melisa Oğuzcan Washington,DC'den bildiriyor. Çavuşoğlu-Blinken görüşmesinden neler çıktı?
- The Latest Turkish-American developments by Melisa Oguzcan from White House
- The Gifted Photographer Joined TURKOFAMERICA Team
- First Syriac Immigrants in the United States