NEW YORK, NY (June 23, 2022) The Specialty Food Association Trendspotter Panel tasted its way through the 66th Summer Fancy Food Show in search of products gaining prominence in the specialty food industry. The Show, which took place June 12-14 at the Javits Center in New York City, had over 1,700 exhibitors featuring specialty foods and beverages from around the world.
"The specialty food marketplace has grown into a $175 billion industry fueled by the creativity of the producers of these foods and beverages,” said Denise Purcell, SFA’s vice president, content & education. "That innovation was on display at the Summer Show with our Trendspotters highlighting unexpected twists on classics, reconceived packaging options, better-for-you indulgences and comfort foods, global flavors, and growing interest in sustainability and ethical production.”
The Summer Trendspotter Panel included Melanie Zanoza Bartelme, Mintel; Mikel Cirkus, Firmenich; Jenn de la Vega, Put A Egg on It; Jonathan Deutsch, PhD, CHE, CRC, Drexel University; Victoria Ho, SherpaCPG; Lindsay Leopold, Martha Stewart (Marquee Brands); Patsy Ramirez-Arroyo, Homera Caribbean & LATAM; Stan Sagner, Founder, We Work for Food, LLC - Consultancy; and Kantha Shelke, Ph.D., CFS, IFT Fellow, Corvus Blue LLC
Latest from Admin TOA
- United in Donations: BTF's Earthquake Relief Fund Exceeds $10 Million
- Rising Turkish Entrepreneurs in the American Restaurant Business
- Elvis Baez's Journey from Car Sales to Cigar Lounge with a Magnificent View of New York
- "The Dynamic Duo: Hayrettin and Tolga's Journey from Viral Projects to Career Transformations"
- Uniting Hearts and Resources: TPF's $19M Contributions to Turkey's Earthquake Victims