Feeding our neighbors in need is an Islamic tradition. The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) told us, “He is not a believer whose stomach is filled while his neighbor goes hungry” (as reported by Ibn Abbas). Sharing nutritious food with a person in need is one of the core components of Islam, and of Islamic Relief.
What’s inside an IRUSA Ramadan Food Package?
Why are food packages important?
Depending upon the size of the family served, a package can help extend the amount of food they have anywhere from a few days to two weeks—that means more food for more time, alhamdulilah. Plus, your donations help the local economy as well because the food in each package is purchased locally. This exclusive Ramadan food program is designed to complement longer-term relief and development projects that provide sustainable ways to improve living conditions—it’s a major part of IRUSA’s campaign to end hunger. Download the Ramadan Action Guide to learn more about how you can work with us for a better world, free of hunger.
IRUSA donors will serve hundreds of thousands of people across 36 countries in Ramadan 2018. This will be its largest Ramadan food distribution ever: more than 295,000 food packages around the world—including 5,000 right here at home, along with grants for food pantries.
During the Ramadan season, in addition to the countries listed per price category, you can choose to give a general food box to help those most in need. Islamic Relief is committed to providing the Ramadan food package in the countries you select. In the event your donation arrives late or is delayed due to other, unforeseen circumstances, Islamic Relief reserves the right to allocate your food package donation to a different country. Here are the places your food packages will reach for Ramadan 2018 -
- Islamic Relief USA to Present $10,000 Grant to The Food Bank of Delaware
- Islamic Relief USA Awards $10,000 Grant To Help The Food Bank of Delaware
- IRUSA Partners With Community Based Organizations to Help Prevent Childhood Hunger
- Donations for Palestine Are Hitting Lows When The Needs Are Increasing
- A Global Crisis Means A Global Response
Latest from Admin TOA
- Melisa Oguzcan Birlesmis Milletlerden bildiriyor
- Melisa Oğuzcan Washington,DC'den bildiriyor. Çavuşoğlu-Blinken görüşmesinden neler çıktı?
- The Latest Turkish-American developments by Melisa Oguzcan from White House
- The Gifted Photographer Joined TURKOFAMERICA Team
- First Syriac Immigrants in the United States