Speaking on Wednesday with Bloomberg’s ‘Street Smart’ program hosted by Trish Regan, Western Union CEO Hikmet Ersek made some interesting comments on the topic of bitcoin. Particularly, Ersek suggested that his company, a leader in money remittences, could look to adopt bitcoin if customers demand it — with a catch. It must first be regulated.
“But on the bitcoin, you know we settle and pay out in 121 currencies [...], once bitcoin should be regulated, by the regulator which should be a proper currency, why not we should also use bitcoin?” he responded when asked by Regan for comment on the digital currency and how it relates to their present model.
“It’s not regulated as a currency,” he added, “…that’s the issue with bitcoin.”
That’s not to say that things can’t change — but there will need to be some laws on the books.
“We are a very regulated industry,” Ersek said. “If bitcoin is regulated and the customer wants that, I mean why not?” (By Eric Calouro, http://newsbtc.com)
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Melisa Oğuzcan, FED'in faiz artış kararı öncesi son bilgileri paylaşıyor
- Melisa Oguzcan Birlesmis Milletlerden bildiriyor
- Melisa Oğuzcan Washington,DC'den bildiriyor. Çavuşoğlu-Blinken görüşmesinden neler çıktı?
- The Latest Turkish-American developments by Melisa Oguzcan from White House
- The Gifted Photographer Joined TURKOFAMERICA Team