Despite regional tension and global economic crisis, risk perception for Turkey has reduced, ATC Chairman Richard L. Armitage told AA correspondent. Armitage said that they were very hopeful about improvement of commercial relations between Turkey and the United States. Turkey could benefit from some developments that have occurred in different places in the world, he said, adding that Chinese economy has started to slow down and many American investors were looking for different countries for investment. "Turkey is an exciting country for investments," he said.
More number of American businessmen were aware of importance of Turkey, he said.
Armitage said that Turkey's exports to the United States rose by 22 percent in the first six months of the year and it was a pleasing development.
Despite global economic crisis, Turkey continued to grow and its growth rate was expected to be 3.5 percent next year, he said.
Armitage said the United States would keep assisting Turkey, and if problem on its border with Syria continued, then the United States would lead an assistance to Turkey.
Reporting by Gokhan Kurtara\ AA, Photo: AA
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Melisa Oguzcan Birlesmis Milletlerden bildiriyor
- Melisa Oğuzcan Washington,DC'den bildiriyor. Çavuşoğlu-Blinken görüşmesinden neler çıktı?
- The Latest Turkish-American developments by Melisa Oguzcan from White House
- The Gifted Photographer Joined TURKOFAMERICA Team
- First Syriac Immigrants in the United States