Former Turkish President Gül Strictly Rules Out Any Contact with Gülen
- Written by Admin TOA
- Published in Politicians
Former Turkish President Abdullah Gül on July 12 strictly ruled out any contact with the U.S.-based Islamic preacher Fethullah Gülen after the latter claimed in an interview that he had previously met with Gül at his residency in Pennsylvania.
“During my term in office as prime minister, foreign minister, and president, I have absolutely had no meeting with this organization leader to whom I have never felt sympathy in any period of my life in terms of thought, religion, and politics. I bring to the public attention,” Gül said in a message shared by the 11th Presidential Office’s official Twitter account.
In an interview aired on July 11 by the American media organization National Public Radio (NPR), Gülen claimed that he had met with 50 members of parliament at his residency, including Gül and former Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu.
Turkey has been demanding from the U.S. the extradition of Gülen, who is accused of masterminding last year’s failed coup attempt.
Turkish Justice Minister Bekir Bozdağ on May 8 met with U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions in Washington, reiterating Ankara’s request for Gülen’s extradition.
During the meeting, Bozdağ asked Sessions to submit in court the evidence Ankara handed over to U.S. authorities in support of the extradition, and place Gülen under provisional arrest, according to Turkish Justice Ministry sources.
- Turkish FM Says FBI Targeting FETÖ in the US
- FBI Gave $50,000 'Assistance' to Gülenist Who Confessed Role in Op to Overthrow Turkey's Gov't: Court Hearing
- Turkish Businessman Alptekin Rejects Kidnapping Plot Allegations
- Turkish Dep. PM Demands US ‘Immediately’ Arrest Gulen
- Who Was Behind The 15th July Coup In Turkey?
Latest from Admin TOA
- İki Yaka Fikirtepe!
- Special Issue on Mediterranean Restaurants in New York & New Jersey
- Turkish-American Women in Arts and Technology: New York Designer / Artist Pinar LaCroix's Journey
- U.S. Department of Defense Completes ‘Turn-key’ Hospital
- Melisa Oğuzcan, FED'in faiz artış kararı öncesi son bilgileri paylaşıyor